Follow by Email

Friday, August 24, 2012


I am taking a small break for the past few days from blogging...we have been on a trip taking our youngest to college.  Our nest is now officially empty.  A time of endings and great beginnings.  I thank God for the peace that I have had through this time of letting go.  I know that it is the way things were always meant to be.  I don't have that little boy anymore, and I will miss him and his REALLY Big kisses that would almost hurt my face....then his teenage trials and sometimes days with no eye contact....to growing into a young man, with his own life, goals and dreams.  It truly reminded me of the very first day of school.  Will he have friends?  Will he like it?  Only now, he is a plane ride away.  It is the circle of life and I am good with that.  All day we passed parents in the dorm halls with hangers, pillows, many of the fathers had BIG boxes for their daughters marked "shoes"....and there was a knowing look that we gave each other.  A look of "Can you believe this?  How did we get here so fast? "   It is truly one of those things where you say to yourself, "I can't do this, but I'm doing it anyway."  I think moving in day is for parents too....an opportunity to see that you are not alone and look how excited and happy they are....It was a GREAT day.  And now my Mr. and I get to start our new life adventure together.  I am a blessed and happy mother.


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to your handsome son! How beautiful it is to see your smiling faces together on his special day.
    You are blessed, my friend!
    Warm wishes,
    Carolynn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your Lovely comments. I have so much fun reading each and every one.