Follow by Email

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Celebrity Shopping

Today I went to the Vintage Textile and Clothing show in Burbank, Calif.  Beautiful Day.  Near the Equestrian Center.  Wonderful, unique items and I always enjoy people watching, as there are always eager customers donned in their finest vintage wear looking to acquire new treasures....and then there were the celebrities, shopping elbow to elbow with us, digging through piles of antique gloves, and checking the waist sizes of the couture antique dresses.  We sat at a table with Tori's husband and he adoringly played with their infant, which couldn't have been more than 8 months old...and then we spotted poor Tori buzzing around on her scooter because she was very expecting another little one.  It was quite tight there as the day went on so I am sure she had a tough time getting around.  Then I spotted Rachel...wasn't sure it was her until I heard her voice....It was probably a typical day if you live in Hollywood, Studio City or Malibu, but here in the O.C. it's pretty much The Real Housewives or Coby Bryant.....not complaining, but we all get a little goofy when we see them, don't we?  Somehow we feel like we know them and they are just trying to go about their normal lives.  Probably the only person I would get flustered over would be Diane Keaton....I AM HER BIGGEST FAN!  Probably not a good thing to say after the movie Misery.....Maybe she will be there next time.  TOri was probably buying for her new shop in Sherman Oaks...InvenTORI....



10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so much fun, thanks so much for inviting me. Great shopping, great treasures. xo Lidy

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting...love people watching and seeing all of the vintage textiles must have been wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. Hi Karen, so nice to have a new visitor to my blog...and your lovely comment always appreciated ! I shall be a regular now, love to hear and see what is happening in beautiful sunny California!! N.xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for joining me today! Nice blog you have here. You have an artistic eye, huh? Welcome to Blogland, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello there, Karen!!!

    You visited me yesterday and I am barely getting back after a long but wonderful day out and about with my husband.

    I am originally from S. California and during my high school years, I scooted around Hollywood, Brentwood, Westwood and all the other posh areas and I spotted a celebrity or two along the way! I even cooked a lasagna and for a young man who at that time was the voice for the Nestles Quick rabbit and a regular actor on the TV show FISH...way back from the 70s! He dated my girlfriend while I dated his agent!!!!!!!!!!

    Thank you for coming to visit me. Your blog is SO GORGEOUS!! Anita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is so funny....would you recognize his voice if you heard it? Glad you stopped by. I love yours as well.

      Delete
  7. Hi Karen, I like your lovely blog and now follow you. Thank you for visiting me at Hibiscus House. Please come again anytime.
    Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  8. gosh that must have been exciting! i don't think i have ever seen a celebrity! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your Lovely comments. I have so much fun reading each and every one.