Follow by Email

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Sweet Little Dolls

I have a fear that I could turn into one of those scary doll ladies.  I don't know what it is about them that I just adore.  I only have a few, and am parting with this one, but I search for them all the time on Etsy and Ebay.  Sometimes it's hard to know the reasons something appeals or calls to us.  Myself, I often wonder for me if it's the fact that I feel I missed a lot of my childhood because my mother died when I was young.  Maybe it's the cherished moments with that little doll that was the only one that really understood.
For whatever reason, I know that as a child these toys were like family to me.  I can remember being so innocent that I was so sure she had feelings.  Can't you?  Wasn't that a magical time?  

I guess it is the fondness that draws us back to items from our childhood.  I once had someone tell me at a Flea that we are all there re-purchasing our childhoods.....could be.  
Maybe these sweetly loved dolls are just that.




3 comments:

  1. Well she is quite adorable....I miss my sweet red-headed "Charmin' Chatty" doll! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love that doll, I can see just why you snagged her up... so primitive I am sure she will find a good home (: Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this doll. I love her face. Talk about innocence.
    Good luck with your Etsy store, and I'll check it out. Thanks for commenting on my blog.
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all of your Lovely comments. I have so much fun reading each and every one.