Follow by Email

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I adore Hand Embroidery. It reminds me of when I was little and my grandmother lived with us and embroidered all of our pillow cases. Some of which I still have.

I love the time and patience it takes and almost meditation. It is one of those things that is good for the soul and adds such a touch of love and memories to a home.

It is particularly hard to find one with such beautiful features and unusual subject matter. This was probably made to honor Amelia and her around the world flight. Beautiful lace enfolds the edges and gives it that beautiful antique finish.

These are some of my favorite things to collect, as I know that love went into them and I somehow feel like I am keeping that love going by giving it a home.....perhaps this is just the perfect one for yours? If so, skip over to my ETSY store and it is all yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for all of your Lovely comments. I have so much fun reading each and every one.